The staff at Music for Minors is comprised of professionals committed to excellence in arts education.
- Sonja has a 25-year history as a music educator, professional singer, and arts administrator. She has a BA in music from Bethany College and an MM from Wichita State University. She has held positions in higher education with private and community colleges in Kansas, performed as a professional chorister with San Francisco Symphony Chorus and San Francisco Opera, worked as an executive or consultant with Cantabile Youth Singers, Blue Bear School of Music, Music at Kohl Mansion, and Mid-Summer Mozart Festival. Sonja has also held board leadership positions with the San Francisco Chapter of the National Recording Academy (Grammys) and with the American Guild of Musical Artists.
- Ingrid grew up in Germany and earned her BS in Computer Science at the Bavarian Academy of Sciences in Munich. Ingrid’s career in software development spanned 20 years, most recently as Senior Software Engineer at Apple. After taking a break to spend more time with her young daughters, in which she volunteered at their schools and in Girl Scouts, Ingrid decided to pursue a career in nonprofit administration.
- Amy hails from Sonoma County and participated in choral music throughout her early years. She attended Boston University as a Political Science major, and continued her music education singing under Anne Howard Jones, Julian Wachner, and Robert Shaw. Amy moved to San Francisco 12 years ago, and has worked with a number of outstanding fine arts organizations as staff, consultant, or Board member. These have included the San Francisco Boys Chorus, Cazadero Performing Arts Camp, Chanticleer, LEVYdance, the Crucible, Alonzo King’s LINES Ballet, the Ruth Asawa School of the Arts, composer/DJ Mason Bates, and the Walden School.
- Anne Hamill has a Master’s in Music (saxophone performance) from the University of Southern California and is a credentialed music teacher. She brings over 10 years of experience working with students of all grade levels, from kindergarten through high school. Anne has taught general music as well as choir, guitar, band, and orchestra.
- Jim has a BA from UC Santa Cruz and a PhD in Computer Science from the Queen’s University of Belfast. His extensive US and international experience includes developing strategies for new technologies and products that reflect customer feedback and technology trends and directing software product development in both large and startup companies. While at Sun Microsystems, Jim received the Chairman’s Award for Innovation. Jim first joined Music for Minors as an Encore Fellow, focusing on migrating the education delivery infrastructure to a collaborative web environment.
- Lori has a BA from Clark University and a teaching credential in Language Arts and Multiple Subjects from San Francisco State University. She is an experienced teacher, with a special background in working in middle schools with at-risk youth and English language learners. Additionally, Lori has worked in nonprofit management as a program and volunteer coordinator.
- Karl has a BA from the National University of Ireland and a Master’s of Philosophy in Music and Media Technologies from Trinity College Dublin. His background includes audio engineering and recording and video production. He has also worked in information technology, in both web development and programming. Karl has music composition experience and performs professionally as a singer and guitar player.
- Elizabeth, a native Briton, moved to the US in 1986 having completed her degree in voice and piano at Trinity College of Music in London. She sang professionally with Opera Theatre St. Louis and the St. Louis Symphony Chorus for two years before moving to the West Coast with her family in 1989. As a member of the San Francisco Symphony Chorus for the last 25 years, Elizabeth is only too aware how important music is to the enrichment of our lives and is delighted to be part of the important MFM mission.
- Jean has a BA from the University of Minnesota and a Masters in International Business Management from Thunderbird (American Graduate School of International Management). She has extensive experience in business and market development, project management, and advertising. Jean is a former Music for Minors Volunteer Educator and has served on PTA boards, chaired numerous fundraising events, and worked closely with teachers to support classroom goals.